Land Acquisition Analyst
Land Acquisition Analyst
The New Home Company
The New Home Company is a new generation homebuilder focused on the design, construction and sale of innovative and consumer-driven homes in major metropolitan areas in California, Arizona, and Colorado. NEW HOME was named 2019 Builder of the Year by Professional Builder and is a multi-year recipient of "The Eliant" for Best Overall Customer Experience in the multi-divisional builder segment.
At The New Home Company, we believe that PEOPLE matter. The strength of our homes is built upon a foundation of focused, energized, visionary and dedicated team members. Our goal is to provide a workplace that supports you in doing the best work of your life.
Check out NWHM's 2020 Corporate Sustainability Report (https://www.nwhm.com/newsletters/corporate_sustainability.pdf) for more information on working at The New Home Company. We are excited to hear from you!
Play a critical role in identifying, analyzing and presenting future residential development projects for a high-growth homebuilding company.
Strategic Market Analysis:
- Assist the Land Acquisition team in the preparation of competitive market analysis and financial proformas to determine the viability of proposed land acquisitions.
- Collect data on available residential land compatible with the company's strategic plan.
- Maintain a land database of land purchases as well as existing and future opportunities.
- Extract & analyze data from a variety of sources like the MLS, company databases, Metrostudy, LandVision, Zonda, and other external websites.
- Review and analyze due diligence information for potential investments
- Work with the development and project management team to determine budgets and schedules to be used in proformas.
- Coordinate with multiple departments to understand internal costs and assumptions to be used in proformas.
- Prepare offer letters under the deal structure guidance of Land Acquisition management.
- Assist with preparation of pre-acquisition Investment Memorandum and related support material.
- Overall project document control, including correspondence, purchase orders, invoices and supporting documentation.
Acquisition Analysis and Financial Modeling:
- With the market priorities defined by Land Acquisition leadership, actively research, analyze, and identify potential land acquisition targets by utilizing mapping and market data software.
- Maintain a database that identifies each target and tracks the current status of each.
- Conduct land opportunity analysis to include entitlements, site planning, proforma development and market research.
- Prepare financial modeling (proforma) and related financial sensitivities.
- Perform data analysis and review financial models to identify trends and improve underwriting accuracy.
- Continually refine data visualization and graphing skills to create more effective deliverables
- Structure and prepare Letters of Intent.
- Oversee all closing documents and funds transfer requirements for escrow closings.
- Minimum of 2-5 years in real estate or market research is desired and professional knowledge of the homebuilding and land brokerage industry is highly preferred.
- Expert analytical and financial skill-set
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel modeling and Word, Google Earth Pro
- Strong market research capability
- Team player/Cross functional collaborator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be driven, independent, and results-oriented.
- Excellent problem solving skills and eagerness to learn.
Job Type : Full-Time