Project Manager – Homebuilding
Project Manager – Homebuilding
The New Home Company
Ensure the overall success of the land acquisition and development processes by overseeing due diligence, entitlement and site development activities from project inception through project close-out.
Land Acquisition Assistance:
- Assist with land acquisition feasibility studies and with analyzing potential risks
- Assist with the due diligence land purchase process.
- Participate in land planning.
- Assist in the preparation of land packages submitted to the Land Committee.
Design and Permitting:
- Assist with developing entitlement strategies, submissions and presentations as necessary.
- Assist with obtaining entitlement and permit approvals for projects.
- Assist with the development of financing budgets/packages for designated projects.
- Ensure that timely, efficient engineering is completed.
- Ensure the scope, schedule and budget of all construction activities meets the specified objectives for all projects as outlined in the business plan.
- Coordinate the design of community landscaping, amenities and entrances.
- Assist with the processing of all site improvement plans, sales office and model plans/permits and architectural plans.
- Prepare project schedules through the permitting process and ensure schedule compliance.
The Land Development Process:
- Determine the feasibility of all bids and negotiate the best value for land development labor and materials (if applicable).
- Oversee the installation of all landscaping, amenities and entrances.
- Prepare and monitor development budgets and provide monthly updates of budget overruns to management.
- Prepare development time lines and weekly reports documenting job status (days ahead of schedule, days behind schedule, etc.).
- Address any problems or conflicts which arise during the development process and create feasible alternatives.
Team Management and Leadership:
- Recruit and select well-qualified, high potential team members.
- Handle any performance problems in accordance with the established Performance Improvement Plan process.
- Effectively delegate problem solving and decision making authority to the appropriate department team members and follow-up to ensure satisfactory outcomes are achieved.
- Strive to achieve a high level of job satisfaction for all team members and assist in creating a motivational environment.
- Provide leadership to team members by modeling the company values, vision and operating principles.
- As necessary, handle terminations in accordance with the established procedure.
- Prepare sales disclosure statements and lot disclosure exhibits.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of engineers, architects and other consultants.
- Coordinate D.R.E. processing and budgets (if applicable).
- Maintain effective cost and design quality controls.
- Coordinate all aspects of bond exoneration.
- Coordinate with homeowner’s associations to resolve project-related issues through community close-out.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Five to ten years’ experience in the building industry preferred.
- One to two years’ experience in land development and entitlement of projects preferred.
- Experience in managing complex projects and large land development budgets preferred.
- Experience with housing product analysis, Community Facility Districts, HOA's, and DRE
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job in accordance with company requirements and professional business practices.
- Engineering and/or construction experience preferred.
- Must be computer literate with experience in Windows, Excel and Word.
- Must have excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel to various locations within the division.
- Ability to read and understand plans.
Job Type : Full-Time
Experience Level : ""