Regional Sales Manager - Builder Sales
Regional Sales Manager - Builder Sales
Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova (NYSE: NOVA) is revolutionizing the energy industry as a leading Energy as a Service (EaaS) provider of solar, battery storage, EV charging, and other energy solutions with customers spanning the U.S. and its territories. Founded in 2012, our goal is to provide homeowners, businesses, and communities with a better energy service at a better price – making clean, renewable energy more accessible, reliable, and affordable. At Sunnova, we believe that our success comes from the diversity and creativity of our people. Our team is made up of forward-thinkers who are passionate about changing the energy industry for the better, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us. We encourage our people to push beyond traditional limits and explore new horizons – because only then can we truly transform the world for the better. If you're excited about being a part of the fastest-growing segment of the energy industry, we want you on our team!
The Regional Sales Manager Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for a Regional Sales Manager to support the fast-growing New Homes division within Sunnova. Our ambitious team is building a network of homebuilders in strategic markets seeking solar to provide clean, affordable, and reliable energy to their homebuyers. This individual will actively identify and develop builder relationships, create partnerships, and opportunities where Sunnova’s fleet of solar, storage, and energy management capabilities can add value. This position must demonstrate the ability to market our solutions effectively, negotiate deal terms, and deliver a high-level of customer satisfaction to our builder partners. Prior builder sales experience is preferred. Honesty, accountability, and integrity are a must.
Regional Sales Manager Responsibilities
- Drives new business development for solar and solar battery storage.
- Identifies and responds to new opportunities.
- Builds new business relationships with builder partners to expand Sunnova’s product and market offerings.
- Develops & executes regional sales strategy and goals for homebuilder business development.
- Manages active programs to ensure business objectives are being met, and continually analyzes program execution and effectiveness.
- Collaborates with local operations team to set monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- Supports local operations team where necessary; assures adherence to builders’ project schedules.
- Manages training material and coordinates initial and ongoing training of new home sales consultants.
- Expands existing sales opportunities to include multi-family and active adult communities.
- Inputs and manages accounts and sales activity reports through Salesforce’s Customer Relationship Management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business administration or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ sales and/or account management experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Experience selling to homebuilders.
- Existing builder relationships
- 2+ years’ experience in an energy market
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Sales, business development, marketing, and program management
- Demonstrates understanding of builder sales process.
- Work from home office
- 25% estimated travel time
- Driving Required
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.